Monday, September 4, 2023

People's Choice SAL - Small

Serendipitous Stitching hosts a People's Choice SAL, where every month the theme is chosen by her followers. This month, the theme is small. Well, I like smalls, and what a perfect way for me to share some of my past stitching, since most of my finished items are smalls. 

These are designed by Magical Mystery. The one on the left is the 35x35 from June 2020, which is - you guessed it - 35x35 stitches. I stitched it with DMC 4022, which is a variegated thread. The one on the right is the Ornament of the Month from January 2019. It was designed to have a hole in the center, like a donut. I didn't particularly want to cut a hole in the middle of mine, but I liked the effect of the donut. Instead, I decided to sew the front and back layers together in the center so it's flat and stuffed around it. This was stitched with ThreadworX Mosaic (1138). 

Here are some even smaller finishes. The birds are an excerpt from Hands on Design's Love You Too anniversary freebie from this year. I didn't need an anniversary piece, but the birds were too cute to resist, so I just stitched the birds. The covered button is a self-drafted tiny truck. The inspiration was Lori Holt's Sampler in a Jar, and the intention was to stitch a bunch of tiny motifs and put them on covered buttons. However, I had such difficulty pressing the back of the covered button into place that the intention soon fizzled. Actually, even this one doesn't have its back attached. I had to resort to hot glue to hold the fabric in place on the back. The holly berries and leaves are from Part 1 of Fat Quarter Shop’s All The Trimmings mystery stitch along from 2021. Not wanting to stitch the whole piece, I decided to make perforated paper ornaments from the elements. Of course, with me being very bad at finishing things, I never got around to making the other ones. At least this one is finish finished. 

And, I just had to share this little camper again, based on a quilt pattern by Flamingo Toes. You can read all about it in my previous post. 

These are my tiny Jeeps (self-drafted), stitched in 2017 and still yet to be FFO'ed. 

And, this is Sunflower by Lemon Aida, with my own leaves. Apparently I can't help but change things up. Someday, this will become a biscornu. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People’s Choice this month. I love all your Smalls. Leonore has stitched quite a few of Magical’s design so you should check her blog out too!
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete