Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Hello, (blog) world!

After years of reading from the sidelines, I finally decided to start my own stitching blog. I hope to participate in some link up SALs, but I won't have something to show every month. However, I am on track to have one ready for the end of this month, fingers crossed. I am a stitch when I feel like it person, and I don't stitch very much. I am also very bad at taking projects to completion. So, just to set expectations, my blog posts will probably be sporadic. 

I learned how to cross stitch as a kid, but it was just another random craft that never really stuck. I also had some DMC floss from making friendship bracelets that I kept and for some reason a piece of 18 count Aida. In 2015, I discovered blackwork embroidery, and since I had some supplies lying around, I decided to give it a try. I completed a grand total (yes, I'm being sarcastic) of one sweet from Blackwork Journey's Box of Delights. But hey, at least I completed one in a way that it could be finished rather than having an UFO, right? I eventually turned it into a covered button. 

I had a couple more on and off again projects, including this row of tiny Jeeps that I made up and is not really cross stitch or blackwork. I don't know what it is, if anything. I didn't know about evenweave at the time and painstakingly split Aida squares to stitch it. 

2020 is when you could say I got back into cross stitch and blackwork. It was when I started finding out about Flosstube and Facebook groups and SALs and this world of stitching blogs, as well as hand dyed fabrics and flosses and and and...... I also started starting more projects and not finishing nearly as many (well that last part isn't new). I have learned that I like smalls, maybe because I have more of a chance of finishing them before my attention goes somewhere else. I do have a few larger projects that I couldn't resist, but as you might expect, they have gotten very little progress. 

I have also picked up crochet, though I work on that even more sporadically than cross stitch and blackwork. There are also some quilting projects that are tempting me. You may or may not see some of these on this blog at some point as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blog World! If you've ever stitched a Fairy then you can link up with my People's Choice post today. My other Link-up is Gifted Gorgeousness on the 15th of each month. Hope to see you drop by.

    ReplyDelete